Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Lame

In Nashville, bars can’t serve alcohol after 3:00 am. So you buy a six pack or two from the convenience store and carry into an “after-hours” club that stays open ‘til six. Looks like the Metro Council may ban alcohol from after-hours clubs.

Is there any evidence linking after-hours clubs to drunk driving arrests and crashes? Who knows, because the Tennessean doesn’t bother to provide that kind of relevant information.

For the record, I’ve never been to an after-hours club and don’t intend to start, alcohol or no. I just don’t like unnecessary laws or the government as nanny. If there’s an actual public health hazard, I’m all for changing the law. Otherwise, get over it.

Maybe the Tennessean will bother to fill in the blanks next time. But I’m not holding my breath.

No comments: