Monday, December 8, 2008

Lamar Alexander = Marxist

“I’m from the federal government, and I’m here to help.”

These are supposed to be the scariest words in the English language, according to Reagan-worshipping Republicans. A quick look at Sen. Lamar Alexander’s website, however, tells a different story. Here are his three most recent press releases:

December 5, 2008 - Alexander, Corker Announce $63,500 to Johnson County for Appalachian Sustainable Energy & Agriculture Project

November 26, 2008 - Alexander, Corker Announce More Than $20 Million for Tennessee [in disaster assistance]

November 20, 2008 - Alexander Votes to Extend Unemployment Benefits for Tennesseans

Of course, I applaud Sen. Alexander for all these things. I’m glad the federal government is here to help Tennessee farmers, disaster victims, and the unemployed. I’m proud of him for putting policy above platitudes.

This is what good government looks like. Republicans would do well to remember that.

No comments: