Friday, February 6, 2009

I Still Don't Get It

Maybe, maybe, if I understood how you could think an $600 million tax cut to the auto industry would stimulate the industry, the economy, job creation, and apple pie, but spending $600 million on American cars wouldn’t stimulate anything or create any jobs, then maybe I could understand how Republicans view the economy.

But I’m pretty doggone happy I can’t.

Here’s the deal, guys – selling products is good. It’s important to the economy. It’s helps people keep their jobs. There’s nothing better that can happen, economically speaking. Even tax cuts.

And, heck, it’s good for the federal government, too. They actually get some nice cars out of it. It’s not just a handout. Pretty cool, huh?

Too bad Rep. Marsha Blackburn doesn’t get it.

No comments: